Social media marketing, otherwise known as social media promotion, is the utilization of online social networks and social networking sites to advertise a product or service. Although the names digital marketing and e-marketing are more predominant in academic circles, social marketing has become increasingly popular for researchers and practitioners alike.
When you consider all the benefits of social marketing, its obvious that it would make sense to incorporate it into your business marketing efforts. Here are some of the reasons why:
– It allows your company to reach out to potential consumers directly: Just think about how many people are currently actively on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter. While these are not the only social networking sites out there, when they are combined with Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and other popular social sites, you are talking about millions of users who share the same interests and values as your business.
– It allows you to reach out to consumers on a more personal level: Social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter are primarily used for communication between friends. In order to engage in a dialogue with potential customers, your company must use this medium to do so.
– It helps you gain more credibility: You cannot expect to get more sales if you have nothing to offer. Social media allows you to provide your company with an image of professionalism and trustworthiness, which means more clients will buy from you.
– It provides a chance to interact with consumers: In a digital marketing world, consumers are used to interacting with businesses on a one-to-one basis. With social marketing, you can conduct business with your customers via Twitter and other social networking sites, allowing you to get a feel for their likes and dislikes and discover if they might be interested in your company’s product or services.
– It can save you money: If you’ve not already heard of Social Media Marketing, take a look around your business these days. Do you see any sign of the marketing and promotions done through your company’s social accounts?
– It’s cost effective: While the costs may initially seem too high, you’ll soon realize that the returns on investment are worth the effort. As you’re able to leverage the power of social networks, your company will experience better traffic and conversion rates and increased sales because of your presence and reach.
– It’s quick: While most businesses use Social Media Marketing to market themselves, it is also a great way to promote your business to existing customers. You can reach out to potential clients through these sites, allowing you to create an intimate relationship with them, as well as give them a reason to buy from you.
– It has a built in good reputation: Social networking sites are very powerful and are the perfect tool to increase your visibility in a very competitive market. Your profile will show people your name and company name; your profile will be featured prominently in search engine results; your photos and articles can be seen by people and viewed online; and your information and reviews can be read online. And since your company has a name and reputation, you are more likely to get a lot of hits and more people will recommend you to friends and family.
– It’s simple: With Social Media Marketing, you can be up and running within hours, with minimal investment. You don’t have to hire a web designer or an employee to put together an effective marketing campaign; all it takes is a computer, an internet connection and a few minutes of your time to set up a new account.
– It’s highly interactive: There is no need to spend money to market your business; instead, you can use social media to reach out to the public for free and keep in touch with existing customers and potential customers. And since you can use your profile to market your business effectively without spending any money, you can easily spread the word about your products and services and build a solid rapport with them.
So, if you think that you are missing out on the opportunity to reach out to new customers and potential clients, start using social media marketing to get the attention you need!